Monday, October 4, 2010

My favorite place

My favorite place is in Monticello, New York. It is called Camp Kennybrook and is a sleep away camp for children. This is where I spent four summers as a camp counselor. Here I was able to learn more about my passion for teaching and the outdoors. I was able to teach various ages of children rock climbing. Here I was able to truly appreciate nature and the resources the earth had to offer. I was able to camp out, rock climb, and hike. All of these experiences helped to build the teacher and person I am today.


Special assignment: I used google earth to look at the landscape of where I was born. I was born in Asheville, North Carolina. The land is hilly with many mountains. There are a lot of different trees. I do see a few rivers around the surrounding areas. There are trees on both sides of the roads throughout the city. The elevation of the area is around 700.

No comments:

Post a Comment